- 1 bottle of your favorite Gayle's BBQ Sauce
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage (preferably spicy pork)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Olive oil
- 33 slider-size potato buns, toasted
Gayle's Meatball Sliders
- To make the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the beef, sausage, onion, garlic, thyme, parsley, egg, parmesan, breadcrumbs, ricotta and salt with your hands.
- Form 1 1/2-inch balls out of the meat mixture. Heat a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) with a bit of olive oil. Working in batches, add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Return all the meatballs to the skillet and place in the oven to finish cooking, 10 minutes.
- Toss the meatballs with 3 cups of Gayle's BBQ Sauce. Place on the toasted slider buns and sprinkle with parmesan and parsley.