Gayle's BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Our favorite is the slow cook way in your crock pot.
- Preheat skillet to high - add a small amount olive oil.
- Coat your piece of pork with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Sear all sides of the pork until you have a nice brown crust all around. Once this is done - put pork in crock pot off to the side, until veggies are tender and cooked through.
- Take your medium chopped onion, chopped carrots and chopped celery and add them to the pan that you just seared the pork in. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Pour this mixture on top of the pork and add apple juice or wine to just cover the meat completely.
- Cover and cook on high for at least 10 hours or until pork easily pulls apart.
- When your cooking time has passed, pull the pork out. It should now be tender and ready to be pulled. This is easily done with a fork or tongs.
- Place the pulled pork into a skillet - add Gayle's Original BBQ Sauce and heat through.
- Coat the Hawaiian Sweet roll with Gayle’s Sweet ‘N’ Sassy Original BBQ sauce – add pork, chopped cilantro and enjoy!