- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 lb frozen cranberries
Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey with Cranberry BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Place onion, celery, and carrot in a large, shallow roasting pan.
- Place turkey breast side up, on the top of the vegetables in the roasting pan. Pat the outside of the turkey dry with paper towels. Season the inside of the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter. Brush outside the turkey with the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake turkey, uncovered, until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare the cranberry BBQ: in a medium sauce pan combine the BBQ sauce with the frozen cranberries. Heat over low hear until cranberries start to burst (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove turkey from the oven and allow to rest about 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the cranberry sauce on the side.