- 3 Cups Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy BBQ Sauce
- 5 Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Cup shredded Italian Fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup shredded smoke Gouda cheese
- 1 Red sweet onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro or fresh oregano
- Basic pizza dough
- Olive oil
The Infamous BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Combine chicken and 1 cup of Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy BBQ Sauce in a bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours ( or as long as overnight). Return chicken to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat over to 325°F. Place the marinated chicken in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and cook about 30 minutes or until tender. After the chicken is cool cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare the dough and preheat the oven. Shape the pizza dough as directed in the basic recipe. Brush dough all over with olive oil, top with a layer of each of the cheeses, leaving a 1/2" border around the edges. Using the remaining 2 cups of Gayle's Sweet 'N' Sassy BBQ Sauce, spoon a layer of sauce over the cheeses. Arrange the chicken and onion rings on top and drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Transfer the pie to the preheated baking surface and bake as directed in the basic recipe. Remove from the oven to a cutting board and lightly brush the crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with cilantro or oregano, slice and serve immediately.
- Serves 4 to 6 as a main course, 8 to 10 as a starter.